- Who owns IdahoSports.com?
- Why isn't there more information for my high school?
- Why are there mistakes on IdahoSports.com?
IdahoSports.com is owned by Paul Kingsbury of New Plymouth, Idaho.
Top of Page
We rely almost entirely on coaches and fans for information and we publish everything that is sent to us.
If information is missing, it is only because no one has sent it to us.
Top of Page
We do our best to make sure that information is accurate. If we find a mistake we will correct it. We also
invite fans and coaches to e-mail corrections to us as well (send corrections to
firstname.lastname@example.org). However, we will
not add or change stats already posted unless a member of the coaching staff verifies the additions or
corrections. We have adopted this policy because of past experience with athletes, parents, and fans who
gave us inaccurate information.
Some of the reasons mistakes occur include the following:
- Most of our information is faxed to us and faxes are often difficult to read,
- Coaches and stats keepers don't always have the best hand-writing,
- Coaches don't always use standard statistical methods and definitions,
- We are not immune to typos, and
- Coaches and stats keepers sometimes don't have it correct themselves
(we once had two coaches who couldn't even agree on what the final score was).
We are working on ways to reduce the number of mistakes. For example:
- A new system called SportsDesk allows participating coaches to enter their own stats rather than
sending us a fax,
- We are publishing standards and definitions for stats,
- We are programming the computer to check stats for logical errors,
- We proof read all our data entry.